Please note, for the purposes of this request I refer you to the new psychoactive substance ban that came into place on May 26, 2016.
- a) Since the start of the blanket ban on May 26 in 2016, how many people have you stopped for being in possession of the new psychoactive substance spice?
– the age ranges of the people stopped (as provided in the example below)
– the specific age for the youngest person stopped
- b) Since the start of the blanket ban on May 26 in 2016, how many people have you arrested on suspicion of dealing the new psychoactive substance spice?
– the age ranges of the people arrested (as provided in the example below)
– the specific age for the youngest person arrested
Please provide the data in a downloadable Excel spreadsheet, using the example below as a guide.
If you are unable to provide me with details specifically on spice, please provide me with details for all new psychoactive substances.
Please find attached our response.
Please note that these data should be interpreted with caution. Comparing numbers of incidents/crimes can be misleading and does not necessarily indicate the likelihood of someone being a victim of crime. In addition, the number of incidents/crimes recorded in an area over a period of time can be influenced by a number of factors. Consequently statistics on incidents/crimes for one period may not necessarily be a good indicator of future incidents in that area.
] Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.