- Please confirm the number of operational police officers in your Force.
- Please confirm the number of Professional Standards officers in your Force. Please confirm how many of these are investigators and of these how many are male and how many are female.
- Does your PSD accommodate requests from a (vulnerable) complainant for a female investigator if this is their expressed preference?
- Count of Person FTE = 6,820 (HMIC Officer Type ‘Operational’ and ‘Operational Support’)
- There are 66 officers and staff within our Professional Standards Department. 41 are Investigators (23 female, 18 male).
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.