Prevent Database (9483/19)
We have been Informed that the police hold / or have access to a database of referrals made under the prevent Programme. We request the following information.
1. Does your force hold a prevent Database?
2 . Do you have access to a centrally held prevent database?
3. if yes to Q2who is the data controller
4. What is the rank of officer who can access the prevent database (either by your force or centrally)
5. Do any other organisations, government agencies or public bodies have access to any prevent database or can they request data from it via your force.
6. Are you able to add individuals to the database?
Please see our response below.
Question 1: Does your force hold a Prevent Database?
Question 2: Do you have access to a centrally held Prevent database.
Question 3: If yes to question 2 who is the data controller
The Commissioner of the Metropolitan Police is the Data Controller for any information inputted and extracted from the database by police officers/staff
Question 4: What rank of officer can access the Prevent database (either held by your force or centrally)
Any rank of police officer or police staff can access the database. Users are identified by operational need (i.e. restricted to Prevent Practitioners) and each user is accredited through minimum vetting standards and training prior to access.
Question 5: Do any other organisations, government agencies or public bodies have access to any Prevent database or can they request data from it via your force.
We do not hold recorded information because all external requests for data are managed centrally by Counter Terrorism Policing Headquarters (CTP HQ).
Question 6: Are you able to add individuals to the database?