Police Support Volunteers (5089/15)
1. How many police support volunteers (PSV) were registered with your Force as at 01 October 2015?
2. What was the attrition rate for your PSV for the last recorded 12 month period?
3. What was the total number of hours worked by your PSV for the last recorded 12 month period?
4. Please list the roles undertaken by your PSV and the departments that they work in?
5. Please describe any plans to increase the number and/or roles to be undertaken by your PSV in the future?
6. What is the estimated cost for recruitment, training, expenses and management of your PSV per head?
Please find attached our response. The information has been extracted from the HR database, where the job description is ‘volunteer’ or ‘probation volunteer’. Information regarding volunteer chaplains has not been included in this response. If you require this information, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.