Police Complaints (457_14)
- Over the following years: 2011, 2012, 2013 and Jan-Nov 2014 how many complaints have been made by police officers, civilian staff roles or volunteers within the force to the HR department or the Professional Standards Department/Officer about the following:
(Please list the number by each year)
- a) An allegation of bullying by a member of staff against the individual reporting the complaints or another member of staff
- b) An allegation of sexism/discrimination by a member of staff against the individual reporting the complaints or another member of staff
- c) An allegation of racism by a member of staff against the individual reporting the complaints or another member of staff
- d) A complaint made about a shortage in staff/staffing levels
- e) A complaint made about staff overwork/unpaid overtime?
The following table provides recorded information held on our HR System
|Discrimination (inc Unfair treatment)||9||5||0||6|
|Health and Safety ( inc OCC Health)||1||0||0||5|
|Lack of Line Manager Support||2||0||0||0|
|Resolved – Mediation||0||1||0||2|
|Team Communication Issues||0||3||2||1|
|Terms and Conditions||0||12||3||17|
|Treatment following complaint||0||2||5||14|
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.
Include attachments here