- The number of allegations of PNC misuse recorded against police officers for 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and for 2015.
For each allegation, I would like the following information:
- The year the allegation was recorded
- A description of the allegation. For instance, “Neglect or failure in duty”, “Improper disclosure of information”, “Corrupt practice”
- The ranking of the police officer involved
- Whether the police officer was arrested for the misuse
- Whether the police officer was suspended for the misuse
- The result of the investigation into PNC misuse
- The action taken following the investigation into PNC misuse
- And whether formal action followed the investigation. For instance, “Dismissal without notice”, “First written warning”, “Final written warning”
Please see the attached tables which provide tables by rank, breach type, arrest/suspended and outcome. To reveal further detail regarding these incidents could potentially identify an individual and is therefore exempt by section 40 (2) of the Freedom of Information Act.
Section 40 of The Freedom of Information Act is shown here:
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.