This request concerns the number of Police Community Support Officers (PCSOs) in your force.
- How many PCSOs are currently employed by your force (please provide the latest figures available)?
- Does your force have any plans to cut the number of PCSOs in the coming year?
- How many PCSOs have left your force in each of the last three financial years (2014/15, 2015/16, 2016/17)? If available, please could your provide a breakdown of the reason for leaving (e.g. voluntary resignation, normal retirement, dismissal)?
- What was the total budget for PCSOs in your force in each of the last three financial years (2014/15, 2015/16, 2016/17)?
- How many arrests were made in total by PCSOs in each of the last three financial years (2014/15, 2015/16, 2016/17)? If possible within costs limits, could you provide this information broken down by the specific type of offence?
Please find attached our response.
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used