Online Reporting (12776/19)
1) Does your force have an online system for reporting crime? If yes, when was the online system implemented?
2) If you do have an online system for reporting crime, what categories of crime are the public able to report (please list the categories as they appear on the website)?
3) Does each crime report submitted online directly generate a record of a crime? If not what are the steps to a crime record being created?
4) Does each crime report submitted generate a call-back requirement for the force?
5) How many crimes have been reported online in the three years 1st April 2016 to 31st March 2019 or for the period since the online reporting system was launched. (Please break down the number of crimes reported by calendar month)
Please find attached our response.
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.