All the cases dealt with (or still being dealt with) by your Professional Standards Department of domestic abuse allegedly perpetrated by police officers, PCSOs and other police staff employed by your own force. I would like this information for the last three years up to and including the present day (2nd May), broken down by year.
For each case please tell me:
1. The type/category e.g. conduct, complaint
2. The type of employee e.g. officer, PCSO, other staff
3. The specific behaviour or offences alleged (please ignore 3 if you can’t give this information)
4. The outcome e.g. no case to answer/the type of discipline or sanction (e.g. dismissed without notice, management advice etc)/the outcome of criminal proceedings (e.g. convicted, trial ongoing)
5. Whether the case was referred to the IOPC (formerly the IPCC)
Please find attached our response.
We can confirm that some relevant information is held by West Midlands Police.
REASONS FOR DECISION
In addition to the information that has been released. West Midlands Police will neither confirm nor deny the existence of any ongoing investigations by virtue of
S30 (3) – Investigations and Proceedings
No inference can be taken from this refusal that the information you have requested in respect of ongoing investigations does or does not exist.
Section 30 with explanatory notes is shown here.
These exemptions and explanatory notes are shown here:
In line with the above, I am required to complete a Prejudice Test/Public Interest Test (PIT) on disclosure. Please find this PIT attached