Please find below a Freedom of Information request about your force’s use of software to monitor the computer use of offenders living in the community.
- Does your force use Securus monitoring software?
- If the answer to (1) is ‘no’, do you use any other kind of remote monitoring software to monitor the computer use of offenders living in the community?
- If the answer to (1) and (2) is ‘no’, have you ever considered using Securus or any other kind of monitoring software?
- If the answer to (3) is ‘yes’- you considered using Securus but decided not to – please can you explain why you decided against using monitoring software?
If the answer to (1) is ‘yes’, please can you tell me:
- How many licences you currently have?
- Out of the total number of licences you have, how many are in use with offenders convicted of offences under Section 1 of the Protection of Children Act 1978?
- How much each licence costs you per year?
- When you first started using Securus software?
- Which unit within your force is responsible for the operation and monitoring of the licences?
Please find attached (4480_attachment_01.pdf).