I submit this request for specific information regarding the provision of naloxone within your police force.
1. Do police officers and community support officers receive training in the management of opioid overdose and the use of Naloxone?
2. Do individual police officers and community support officers within your force area carry Naloxone?
3. Do Police vehicles within your force area carry Naloxone?
4. If the answer to Question 2 and/or 3 is ‘Yes’, how many times was Naloxone used by officers in your force area in the financial year 2013/14. Please provide this data broken down by month and BCU if this is possible.
5. If the answer to Question 2 and/or 3 is ‘No’, do you have any plans for police officers and community support officers to carry this in the future, and if so when is this to be rolled out?
1. Although we cover poisons and overdoses generally in our First Aid training, it does not relate specifically to the use of Naloxone in the management of opoid overdose.
4. Not applicable
5. No information held