Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (11038_17)
Could you please answer these seven (7) Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) questions for me? Please respond to all questions, as they relate to SANDWELL METROPOLITAN BOROUGH COUNCIL
- Is the MASH process to safeguard the ‘child’, who is the ‘subject’ of the MASH meeting/ strategy discussion?
- Is it a requirement that all ‘intelligence’ (incoming information/ details etc) that is received into the MASH, needs to be officially recorded (i.e. on a WC392 form/ WC393 form/ MARF form / MASH Database etc)?
- Do all associated `full details¿ of the intelligence (information) need to be recorded; (i.e. the details of the person who provided it / time it was provided / where it was obtained it / how it was communicated into the MASH)?
- What would be the least time period for the recorded information to be securely kept?
- Where a child (the subject of a MASH process) has a sibling, can invocation of Section 47 of the Children¿s Act 1989 occur on the child, without there being a suspicion of the child `suffering harm¿ or `likely to suffer harm¿?
- Is it a standard requirement that the minutes of MASH meetings, (or the recorded decisions of a MASH Meeting/ Strategy Meeting outcome), are shared to all the MASH partner agencies?
- Would the answers you provide to questions 1 through 6, have differed between 2013-2015 due to your policies/ UK laws? If so, please concisely explain how.