Motor Vehicle Tampering (5020_18)
- The number of recorded crimes for Home Office notifiable offence of 825/06 Tampering with Motor Vehicles in your area in the following years: a) 2015, b) 2016, c) 2017?
- How many of those crimes specifically relate to the altering of the vehicle’s mileage?
- Of those relating to the altering of a vehicle’s mileage, how many of those were charged?
- Of those who were charged how many were relating to ‘car clocking’ for business use (i.e. multiple cars/car dealership) and how many were ‘car clocking’ for personal use (i.e. to sell on own car)?
- Of those who were charged, how many were men and how many were women?
- Of the total number of crimes reported, how many were found relating the following:
- a) Cars
- b) Vans
- c) Motorbikes
- d) Buses
Please find attached (5020_18_attachment_01.pdf).
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.