Mobile Devices (1137A/20)
- How many police response officers are there currently in West Midlands Police?
- How many mobile devices for retrieving or entering data, which remove the need for an officer to return to police stations, are currently in use by West Midlands Police?
- What percentage of West Midlands Police response officers currently have regular use of mobile devices for retrieving and entering data which removes the need to return to a police station
Please find our response below.
1) As at 1st December the force had a headcount of 7,069 officers
2) Number of devices in the police group: 6,029
3) Force Response device allocation: 80%
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.