Mental Health Street Triage (5423_14)
1. When did your mental health street triage project go live?
2. Please list the local authority and NHS partners involved in your street triage project.
3. How many people has your street triage project assessed? Of these, how many resulted in the person being detained under section 136 of the Mental Health Act?
4. For each month from April 2012 to August 2014 (inclusive) please list the number of detentions under section 136 of the Mental Health Act that your force has made.
5. For each month from April 2012 to August 2014 (inclusive) please list how many detentions under section 136 led to the person being taken to a) police custody and b) NHS places of safety.
6. Have you conducted any assessment of the impact of street triage locally? If so, please attach a copy of this report.
7. Does your street triage project have social workers accompanying police officers or only mental health nurses?
I can confirm that the requested information for questions 1, 2, 3 6 and 7 is held by West Midlands Police and is attached (5423_attachment_01.pdf). However, only partial information is held for questions 4 and 5 regarding persons being taken to a place of safety.
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.