Loitering and Soliciting (707A/20)
I am writing to request information under the Freedom of Information Act on police action taken regarding sex work offences.
More specifically, I am requesting the following information:
1) Arrests made regarding the offence of loitering and soliciting
2) Arrests made regarding the offence of keeping a brothel
3) Arrests made regarding the offence of assisting in the management of a brothel
4) Closure Notices issued regarding the offence of keeping a brothel
5) Prostitute Cautions issued
6) Civil orders issued – for example Criminal Behaviour Orders, Public Space Protection Orders and Engagement and Support Orders – regarding the offence of loitering and soliciting
7) This information for each calendar month in 2019
8) This information for each calendar month in 2020 (where available)
Our data are not organised in such a way as to allow us to provide all of this information within the appropriate (cost) limit within the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act (see ‘Reason for Decision’ below).
However, although excess cost removes the force’s obligations under the Freedom of Information Act, as a gesture of goodwill I have supplied information, relative to your request, retrieved before it was realised that the fees limit would be exceeded (see attached – 707A_20_attachment.pdf). I trust this is helpful, but it does not affect our legal right to rely on the fees regulations for the remainder of the request.