Local Government Pension Scheme (79A/20)
1) HR Manager/Reward and Benefits Manager’s name and email address?
2) Number of Authority staff who are a member of the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)?
3) Number of LGPS members who have an Additional Voluntary Contribution (AVC) set up.
4) For the LGPS members who have an AVC set up, the total amount of AVCs made in the last month.
5) Do the Authority offer an AVC through salary sacrifice to LGPS members?
We can confirm that relevant information is held by West Midlands Police. However, whilst the majority of the information is attached to this email, I am not required to release all of the information requested. Please find the disclosed information attached (79A_Attachment).
REASONS FOR DECISION
The withheld information is exempt by virtue of the following exemption:
Section 40(2) – Personal information
This exemption and explanatory notes are shown here:
Section 40(2) is an absolute and class based exemption if to release the information exists would breach the third party’s data protection rights. In this case to release this personal information would not constitute fair processing of the data. As this exemption is class based I am not required to identify the harm in disclosure and in this instance I believe that the right to privacy outweighs any public interest in release.