1. Please tell me how many drivers have been caught ‘hogging the middle lane’ of the M6 between junctions 7 and junction 11 since a police crackdown was launched on June 5 2013.
2. How many people were fined for this offence?
3. How much were they fined?
4. How many drivers were given points on their licence for this?
5. Please tell me how many drivers were caught hogging the middle lane of the M5 from junctions 1 to 2.
6. How many of these were fined for this offence?
7. How much were they fined?
8. How many drivers got points on their licence for this offence?
9. How many drivers have been punished for ‘tailgating’ on these two same stretches of road?
2. Not Applicable (see 1)
3. Not Applicable (see 1)
4. Not Applicable (see 1)
6. Not Applicable (see 5)
7. Not Applicable (see 5)
8. Not Applicable (see 5)
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.