Interpreter Services (13747/17)
Please can I request the following information:
1. How much money has been spent on providing all interpreter services in each of the following years: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 (in calendar or financial years, however this information is held)?
2. Which companies do you use for all your interpreter services? Please provide a breakdown of how much money was paid to each company or individual or agency for those same years requested in question 1.
3. Have you received any complaints regarding the interpreters that have been used during the period requested in question 1? If possible, please can you provide further details.
4. During particularly sensitive witness or victim interviews such as sexual assault or domestic violence, do you always ask the victim if they would like a male or female interpreter and will you provide a male or female interpreter if requested by the victim?
5. Have all interpreters passed an enhanced disclosure and barring service check and received safeguarding training and training around domestic and sexual abuse?
Please find attached our response.
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.