Injury Payments (16962_18)
- The total number of police officers employed by your force
- The total number of former officers from your force who are currently receiving injury on duty payments. However we may only provide the levels of injury awards by level since May 2017 when this information was been centrally collated, broken down by levels 1, 2, 3 and 4.
- The total cost – for the calendar years of 2017, 2016 and 2015 – of those payments broken down by year4.
- How many Regulation 37 reviews you conducted in 2017, 2016 and 2015
- Whether any appeals of reviews have been done by way of Judicial reviews or Police Medical Appeals Board in those three calendar years, and if so, how many, and what was the outcome of each
Please find attached our response.
Please note that these data should be interpreted with caution.
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.