Independent Advisory Groups (1187A/20)
I am writing to request some updated data for an FOI placed last year. As well as a couple of additional questions.
Could the force FOI team provide data on the following questions for 2019-2020.
(1) From 1st January 2019-2020 to date how many people in total have sat as members on Independent Advisory groups (IAG)
(2) From 1st January 2019-2020 to date how many people of South Asian ethnicity have sat as members on Independent Advisory groups (IAG)
(3) Can you breakdown those identified in the answer to Q2 by the numbers of male and female South Asian members of IAGs since 1st January 2019-2020.?
(4) How many IAGs does your force currently have, and can you provide some details of their purpose?
(5) Do you have any specific IAGs that deal with South Asian issues? Such as IAGs set up in mosques and temples.
(6) Are all IAG members subject to a DBS check by your force?
(7) What is the vetting process
Section 2: Further questions
Could the FOI team provide the following information to the questions below.
1: Does the force follow any guidelines or procedures when seeking guidance from IAG groups or members around issues specific to Black, Asian and minority ethnic communities. For example community cohesion, honour based violence, forced marriage etc. If so please disclose a copy of all relevant documents for these guidelines and procedures.
2: Do IAG members need to sign non -disclosure or confidentiality agreements? If so is this voluntary or compulsory?
3: Do IAG members need to declare any conflict of interest on any matters they are consulted on?
I would like the number of people who have sat for the while time period requested (If you are able to break this down into individual meeting within that time period that would be useful too)
I would like to know people who have confirmed their ethnicity. If this data is not available then I would like to know the number of members who appear to be of South Asian ethnicity.
Please find attached our response.
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.