- Since 17 January 2013 until the current date, how many people have been:
(i) arrested under Hunting Act 2004
(ii) charged for hunting a wild animal with dogs under Hunting Act 2004
(iii) Please can these figures be broken down per year, the place and for the type of animal they were alleged to have hunted to be included.
- I would also like to know since 17 January 2013, how many reports the police has received about people hunting a wild animal with dogs. Can I have that broken down year on year please.
- Please can you tell me how much the force has spent on policing hunting in this way. Again, can I have that broken down year on year please.
- The number of times police have been deployed to cover fox hunts, stag hunts or hare coarsing since 17 January 2013? So can I have that data broken down by year and type of hunt?
- In relation to Q4 can I have the costs of policing each individual hunt?
Please find attached our response.
Please note that these data should be interpreted with caution. Comparing numbers of incidents/crimes can be misleading and does not necessarily indicate the likelihood of someone being a victim of crime. In addition, the number of incidents/crimes recorded in an area over a period of time can be influenced by a number of factors. Consequently statistics on incidents/crimes for one period may not necessarily be a good indicator of future incidents in that area.
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.