Forensic Services (1904_18)
I am sending this request under the Freedom of Information Act to ask for the following information regarding disclosure in criminal cases:
- a) Will your force have appointed a dedicated disclosure champion by 28.02.18?
- b) If so, what rank is this officer?
- a) Does your force have a dedicated digital forensic unit? By this we mean a team dedicated to investigating and advising on evidence with a digital element including computers, mobile phones and other electronic devices capable of holding electronic data.
- b) If so, what month and year did this unit begin operation?
- c) If so, how many staff (FTE) currently work in the unit?
- a) Does your force outsource digital forensic work to a private company? If not, has your force done so in the past?
- b) If your force currently does, which private company/s does the force outsource to?
- c) If your force has done so in the last ten calendar years, but has now stopped, please state which company/s you outsourced to and over what period.
- a) Please state the number of cases in which there was a suspected failure to disclose evidence, which has been referred to your forces professional standards directorate, from January 1st 2017 to date. Please provide a breakdown by month.
- b) Of these cases, please state the number that are still currently being investigated.
- c) Of these cases, please state the number that involved digital non-disclosure.
- d) Of these cases, how many were offences of rape? How many were other sexual offences?
Please find attached our response