Forced Marriage (7405/19)
- For the full year of 2018 (01/01/2018 – 31/12/2018) in total how many incidents did your police force record with a qualifier of ‘Forced Marriage/Honour Violence’
- For the full year of 2018 (01/01/2018 – 31/12/2018) in total how many crimes did your police force record with a special interest marker for:
- a) Honour based violence
- b) Forced marriage
- c) Female genital mutilation
- For the statistic in Q2, in how many cases was there an outcome of charge?
- For the full year of 2018 (01/01/2018 – 31/12/2018) how many murder cases involving “honour” based violence did your police force record?
Please find attached our response.
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.