Fax Machines (912/20)
I would like to make a request for answers to the following questions under the Freedom of Information Act.
- Does your organisation use physical fax machines?
- If yes, how many fax machines does your organisation have?
- Does your organisation have an on-premise fax infrastructure (no physical fax machines, but a fax server hosted by your organisation)?
- How many faxes does your organisation receive each year?
- How many faxes does your organisation send each year?
- How much does faxing cost your organisation each year?
Please find attached our response.
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.