Farm Crime (4459_13)
I am specifically looking to obtaining the following:
- Your force’s policy on rural crime,
- Details of schemes you operate that tackle rural crime
- Data relating to reported rural crimes for the financial year 2012/13, with information as follows:
If at all possible, it would be excellent to obtain data for all notifiable offences by Policing Division/Beat Area, along with data relating to those offences that have taken place on farms. If it helps, I would be happy to receive numbers against the following notifiable offences:
- Violence Against the Person
- Burglary Dwelling
- Burglary Other
- Theft of a Vehicle
- Theft from a Vehicle
- Other Theft (to include theft from the person)
- Fraud and Forgery
- Criminal Damage
- Other Notifiable Offences (this to include the remainder of offences classifications: Misc crimes against society; NFIB fraud; possession of weapons; public order offences; sexual offences).
Please find attached and below for our response.
West Midlands Police do not have a ‘rural crime’ policy as a force. Offences are dealt with in the same manner regardless of location.
However some of our more ‘rural’ Local Policing Units will go out and engage with the rural community. For example they have Farm Watch, Canal Watch, Community Street Watch, Horse Watch and West Midlands Police attend agricultural shows with a stand to offer advice and crime prevention tips for issues that are relevant to the rural community.