False Alarms (370_18)
- How many alarm response emergency calls did West Midlands Police receive in the following 12 month periods, or whatever measurable 12 month period the force uses to record such data;
- January 2017 – December 2017
- January 2016 – December 2016
- January 2015 – December 2015
- How many of these calls were false alarms, or required no police action, for each period of data given?
- What is the cost to West Midlands Police to respond to an alarm response emergency call?
Please find attached (370_18_attachment_01.pdf).
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.