I am writing to ask a few questions about electronic police notebooks / handheld mobile data devices.
I am doing a research on ways to improve the traditional paper notebooks and to seek methods that can streamline the recording of matters in police notebooks. Currently, there are some police forces in the UK applied an app called “Pronto”, developed by Airwave. The app is to help the front line officers dealing with the incidents. It replaces the traditional paper notebook into an electronic one which increased the effiency of policing dramatically. Here are my questions:
1. Does WMP apply similar technology? If so, how many devices were edeployed?
2. The budget of applying the technology.
3. What functions/applications are used on the devices? e.g. Crime recording, Stop and Search, Fix Penalty notice issue , etc.
4. Which models/brands you choosed for the technology?
5. If the answer is no for Q1, is there a plan to develop the technology?
Please find attached our response.