Economic Crime Staff (5747_16)
1. How many Full Time Equivalent staff (police officers and civilian) does the force have in positions dedicated to preventing and detecting fraud and other economic crime?
2. How much does the force spend on the provision of a counter fraud function, eg a Fraud Squad, every year, for the last 3 financial years?
3. What is the budget of the force for preventing and detecting fraud?
4. Does the force pay any other organisation to provide staffing to investigate fraud?
5. If the answer to point 4 above is yes, please provide the total value of spend by the force, every year, for the last 3 financial years
Please find data attached.
In addition to the attached response West Midlands Police can neither confirm nor deny that it holds any other information relevant to this request as the duty in Section 1(1)(a) of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 does not apply by virtue of the following exemption:
Section 23(5) Information supplied by, or concerning, certain Security Bodies
Section 23 is a class based absolute exemption and there is no requirement to consider the public interest in this case.
Confirming or denying the existence of whether any other information is held would contravene the constrictions laid out within Section 23 of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 in that this stipulates a generic bar on disclosure of any information applied by, or concerning, certain Security Bodies.
This exemption and explanatory notes is shown here:
No inference can be taken from this refusal that any further information relevant to your request does or does not exist.