Drug Driving (3654_15)
The request regards the issue of the new drug-driving laws brought in on March 2 2015.
1) How many drug-driving tests were carried out by officers from March 2 to September 2 2015? (please provide a monthly breakdown)
2) How many of those in Question 1 were positive (led to arrests)? (please provide monthly breakdown)
3) How many roadside drug-driving tests (using the “drugalyser”) were carried out from March 2 to September 2? (please provide a monthly breakdown)
4) How many of those in Question 3 were positive (led to arrests)? (please provide monthly breakdown)
5) Please provide a breakdown of the number of arrests by drug type.
6) How many tests were passed at the roadside but then failed a subsequent test at a police station?
Please find attached our response.
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.