Driving offences (4569/19)
For the calendar years of 2016, 2017 and 2018, please could you provide a yearly breakdown of how many driving-related offences were recorded in your constabulary for the following:
- A person beeping a horn for any reason other than alerting traffic of the driver’s presence.
- Drive a vehicle on a road with a child under 3 years seated in the rear not wearing a seat belt.
- Offence of driving a motor vehicle with registration mark obscured.
- The offence of stopping a vehicle on the hard shoulder.
- The offence of prohibited vehicle in offside lane of motorway.
Please find attached our response.
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.