Driving Licence Offences (20053/18)
I’d like to make a request under the Freedom of Information Act about driving license fines.
Would it be possible to find out how many people were fined by West Midlands Police for having incorrect information on their driving licenses over the last 5 tax years (or a similar timeframe). Could this be broken down into the following categories (in order of priority if not all are possible):
– Having an incorrect address on their driving license
– Having an incorrect name on their driving license, for example a maiden name
– Owning multiple driving licenses
– Driving with an out-of-date license
– Having an out-of-date photo on their driving license
– Having an incorrect date of birth on their driving license
I am writing to inform you the information you requested is not held by West Midlands Police.
The offences you detail within your request are not police offences, failure to update a driving licence is the remit of DVLA.
To assist you I have provided relevant contact details for the DVLA for you to approach them to see if they record this information.
Freedom of Information C2/W,
Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA),