Driver Retraining Courses (9203_17)
This request concerns the approach used by West Midlands Police to manage the delivery of national driver offender retraining courses and local road safety courses.
- Does the force manage course delivery using internal resources or is this activity outsourced?
- What road safety courses are offered by West Midlands Police (incl. National and Local Courses)
- How many individuals attended a training course during 2014, 2015 and 2016 (broken down by calendar year)?
- If this activity is outsourced:
- a) Is the service provided by another public authority, such as a local council, or is training managed by a commercial organisation ?
- b) How much was spent on the associated contracts during 2014, 2015 and 2016 (broken down by calendar year)?
- c) When does the current contract expire and does the force intend to continue using an outsourcing model after that date??
Please find attached our response.