- How many people have been arrested with ‘Driver under the influence of drugs’ – between 2nd March 2015 – 2nd March 2016.
- How many people have been charged with ‘Driver under the influence of drugs’ – between 2nd March 2015 – 2nd March 2016.
- How many people have been arrested with ‘Drunk in charge of a motor vehicle’ – between 2nd March 2015 – 2nd March 2016.
- How many people have been charged with ‘Drunk in charge of a motor vehicle’ – between 2nd March 2015 – 2nd March 2016.
- How many had a Positive Breath test between the 2nd of March 2015 – 2nd March 2016?
- How many refused a Breath test?
Please find attached (3715_attachment_01.pdf). Please note, with regard to questions 5 and 6, I have only been able to provide data for the period 01 March 2015 to 31 December 2015. This is because information for 2016 has yet to be uploaded to our central database and therefore to locate and retrieve data for the period 01 January 2016 to 02 March 2016 would require a manual search of records across all Local Policing Units. Such a search would exceed the appropriate limit (FOIA, s.12 (1)).
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.