Domestic Violence (632A/20)
Please can you tell me for each day in these date ranges (including start and end dates): 25th March – 12th May 2019 and 23rd March – 10th May 2020
- How many reports of domestic violence the force received?
- Of these reports, what gender was the complainant: male, female, trans, non-binary?
- Of these reports, what gender was the accused: male, female, trans, non-binary?
- Of these reports, what was the complainant’s age?
- Of these reports, what was the accused’s age?
- Of these reports, what ethnic background was the complainant?
- Of these reports, what ethnic background was the accused?
Please find attached our response, and note that we do not use the terms ‘complainant’ or ‘accused’ on our crime recording system, therefore, we have provided data based on ‘victim’ and ‘defendant’.
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.