Discrimination Complaints (10331/17)
I am writing to request information under the Freedom of Information Act on the number of complaints of racial discrimination made by Force staff against the Force.
More specifically I am requesting the following:
- For the calendar year 2017 so far (up until today’s date 5 September):
- a) The number of complaints of racial discrimination made by the Force’s officers, civilian staff, or workers of any type including contractors, against the Police Force.
- b) A breakdown for each complaint stating:
– the sex of the complainant
– the position or rank held by the complainant
– the department or police unit the complainant works in
– a detailed summary of the allegations made in the complaint
– the sex/es of the individual/s complained about
– the position/s, and any rank/s of the individual/s complained about
– the department/s or police unit/s the individual/s complained about work in
– the designation of the complaint, for example but not limited to internal complaint, grievance, conduct matter, or hate incident etc
– the status of the complaint, for example but not limited to ongoing, rejected, upheld, dismissed etc
– the outcome of the complaint including details of any actions, for example but not limited to informal verbal warning, written warning, disciplinary hearing and the outcome of this – written warning, dismissal etc
- a) and b) The same for calendar year 2016
- a) and b) The same for calendar year 2015
I am writing to inform you that we have searched our records and the information you requested is not held by West Midlands Police. We do not record complaints from members of West Midlands Police. The Police Reform Act does not allow for members of the same police force (under the direction of the same Chief Constable) to make complaints. Where an allegation is made and there is evidence of a breach of the standards of professional behaviour we would record a Conduct Matter.