Disability Hate Crime (12972/19)
1. How many disability hate crimes have been recorded by your police force for the last two financial years – 2017/18 and 2018/19?
2. How many during each financial year concerned acts of violence against a person?
3. How many incidents of disability hate crime were recorded as taking place online in each financial year?
4. How many of the recorded hate crimes in each financial year were referred to CPS for a charging decision and how many were dealt with by out of court disposals?
5. How many of the recorded online hate crimes in each financial year were referred to CPS for a charging decision and how many were dealt with by out of court disposals?
Please find attached (12972_19_attachment.pdf).
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.