- Can you confirm the current status of your internal digital forensics laboratory’s accreditation to the ISO 17025:2005 standard?
- Can you confirm the current status of your internal digital forensics laboratory’s accreditation to the Forensic Science Regulator’s Codes of Practice and Conduct?
- If you have yet to receive accreditation to the FSR Codes of Practice and Conduct what date have you applied for accreditation, or what date do you plan to apply for accreditation?
- Has your organisation used external commercial providers (either directly or through a third party) for digital forensics work covered by the scope of the FSR Codes of Practice and Conduct in the past 12 months?
- If yes to question 4. could you provide the names of those external providers?
- If yes to question 4., are those external laboratories accredited to the ISO 17025:2005 standard and what is the scope they hold?
- Is your organisation planning to tender for the provision of digital forensic services within the next 12 months?
- If yes to question 7, will you consider bids from external laboratories that are not accredited to the ISO 17025:2005 standard with a scope that includes digital forensics work?
- Following on from the dropping of two cases by the Metropolitan Police as a result of late disclosure, has your organisation taken specific measures to address disclosure of digital forensic evidence? If so, can you provide details of these measures?
Please find attached (742_18_attachment_01.pdf). This information has been supplied by our Forensic Services Department.