Data Centres (3299/20)
1. Are the Data Centre’s operated by or for the organisation fit for purpose? For example, is there a Business Continuity Plan, is there Disaster Recovery in place or is it a single site?
2. Is there any capital investment in data centres planned in the next 36 months? For example, Mechanical & Electrical or refresh of equipment within the DC such as network, storage area network?
3. Is data privacy and or information security compliance a priority for the organisation’s board?
4. On your Organisation’s risk register, are there any Information Technology related risks?
i) If time/ cost allows, please list the top three related risks.
5. Are the cyber security vulnerabilities within the organisation’s existing Information Technology estate increasing?
i) Has the organisation had a security breach in the past 12 months?
6. Did the organisation meet its Information Technology savings target in the last Financial Year?
7. What percentage of Information Technology budget is currently allocated to “on-premises” capability vs “cloud” capability?
8. Does the organisation have the skills and resource levels necessary for moving to the cloud?
9. What percentage of the Information Technology department headcount are software developers?
10. In relation to contracts with Amazon Web Services, Microsoft for Azure and/or Google for Google Cloud, was the monthly expenditure higher than budgeted?
i) If yes, has the organisation been able to subsequently reduce the cost whilst maintaining service levels for users?
We can confirm that some relevant information is held by West Midlands Police. Please find this information attached (3299_attachment).
However, in respect of questions 1, 4, 4i, 5, 7, 8, 10 and 10i we will neither confirm nor deny that any information is held as this is exempt by virtue of the following exemptions:
Section 24(2) – National security
Section 31(3) – Law enforcement
These exemptions and explanatory notes are shown here:
In line with the above, I am required to complete a Prejudice Test/Public Interest Test (PIT) on disclosure. Please find this PIT attached (3299_PIT).
No inference can be taken from this refusal that any further information relevant to your request does or does not exist.