Custody Stats (252A/20)
- The number of detainees booked into each of the force custody suites for the 12-month period from 1 July 2019 to 31 May 2020 – broken down to monthly figures.
- For each of the designated custody facilities, and broken down monthly for the same period as point 1, the average (mean, not percentile) time between:
- a) Time of PACE arrest to the arrival time at the designated custody facility.
- b) Time of arrival at the designated custody facility to the time the custody record commences.
- c) Time of the commencement of the custody record to its closure. (custody record opening to detainee being bailed, RUI, charged or had bail denied/remanded in police detention following a charge). In relation to this, we mean the physical hours the detained person is physically on the ‘PACE Clock’ – do not include days on bail etc.
As these times are required in PACE, they should be available on the NSPIS/OASIS custody system or force equivalent.
Please find data attached.
In addition to the attached response West Midlands Police can neither confirm nor deny that it holds any other information relevant to this request as the duty in Section 1(1)(a) of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 does not apply by virtue of the following exemption:
Section 23(5) Information supplied by, or concerning, certain Security Bodies
Section 23 is a class based absolute exemption and there is no requirement to consider the public interest in this case.
Confirming or denying the existence of whether any other information is held would contravene the constrictions laid out within Section 23 of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 in that this stipulates a generic bar on disclosure of any information applied by, or concerning, certain Security Bodies.
This exemption and explanatory notes is shown here:
No inference can be taken from this refusal that any further information relevant to your request does or does not exist.