- What custody IT system (including version number) do you use?
- Please could you provide the risk assessment questions (in order) that a Custody Officer must ask a detainee on arrival.
- Please could you provide the Custody Officer observations that must be recorded (in order) as part of the risk assessment.
- Are these questions adaptive or are they standard questions to all detainees?
- Do you provide explicit guidance of what conditions/behaviour require specific observation levels, or do you delegate this decision to Custody Officer?
- For each of your custody suites, please could you provide the total number of detentions for the financial years of 2013/14, 2014/15, 2015/16 and 2016/17.
Please find attached (4838_attachment_01.pdf).
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.