Crimes at Betting Shops (13453_17)
For the years 2012-2016 and 2017 – date, broken down by year:
1 – The number of crime reports for the following offences related to money laundering where the location of the offence is listed as a `betting office’.
- 38/1 Concealing etc. criminal property (Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 Sec 327)
- 38/2 Arrangements – concerned in arrangement, knows or suspects, facilitates acquisition, retention, use or control of criminal property by, or on behalf of another person (Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 Sec 328)
- 38/3 Acquisition, use & possession (Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 Sec 329
2- The number of crime reports for the following offences related to assault or violence where the location of the offence is listed as a `betting office’.
- 56B Arson not endangering life
- 58A Criminal damage to a dwelling
- 58B Criminal damage to a building other than a dwelling
- 58C Criminal damage to a vehicle
- 58D Other criminal damage
- 58J Racially or religiously aggravated criminal damage
- 3B Threats to kill
- 5E Endangering life
- 8L Harassment
- 8M Racially or religiously aggravated harassment
- 8N Assault with injury
- 36 Kidnapping
- 104 Assault without injury on a constable
- 105A Assault without injury
- 105B Racially or religiously aggravated assault without injury
Please find attached our response.
Please note that these data should be interpreted with caution. Comparing numbers of incidents/crimes can be misleading and does not necessarily indicate the likelihood of someone being a victim of crime. In addition, the number of incidents/crimes recorded in an area over a period of time can be influenced by a number of factors. Consequently statistics on incidents/crimes for one period may not necessarily be a good indicator of future incidents in that area.
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.