Covid-19 Breaches (1155A/20)
Can you provide information on the amount of fines which West Midlands Police have given in relation to Covid-19 breaches, due to lack of social distancing etc, in 2020 to date?
Can you list:
1) How many fixed penalty notices has WMP issued for £100 for a first time offence?
2) How many fixed penalty notices has WMP issued for £200 for second time offences?
3) How many fixed penalty notices has WMP issued for £400 for third time offences?
4) How many fixed penalty notices has WMP issued for £800 for fourth time offences?
5) How many fixed penalty notices has WMP issued for £1,600 for fifth time offences?
6) How many fixed penalty notices has WMP issued for £3,200 for sixth time offences?
7) How many fixed penalty notices has WMP issued for £6,400 for seventh time offences?
8) How many £10,000 fines have been issued by WMP for anyone facilitating or organising illegal raves, unlicensed music events or any other unlawful gathering of more than 30 people?
Please find attached our response.
Please note that these data should be interpreted with caution. Comparing numbers of incidents/crimes can be misleading and does not necessarily indicate the likelihood of someone being a victim of crime. In addition, the number of incidents/crimes recorded in an area over a period of time can be influenced by a number of factors. Consequently statistics on incidents/crimes for one period may not necessarily be a good indicator of future incidents in that area.
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.