The number of hate crimes where a victim mentioned coronavirus/covid-19 as being a factor in why they were targeted which have been reported to your Constabulary between January 2020 to March 10th 2020.
For each case, please could I have the following?
- The age(s) of the victim/offender
- The gender of the victim/offender
- The nationality of victim and offender
- Time, date, and location of the incident
- Details of the incident including any mention of coronavirus or Covid-19.
- Details of any convictions linked to the above
7 Whether these are live investigations or have been closed.
Could I also please have details on the number of reported hate-crimes in your Constabulary each year broken down month by month between January 2019 to December 2019?
We can confirm that some relevant information is held by West Midlands Police. However, while the majority of the information is attached to this email I am afraid that I am not required to release all of the information requested. Please find attached our response.
REASONS FOR DECISION
Information for questions 1,2,3, and 7 have been included in (4228_20 attachment).
There is no specific information held for question 6.
Questions 4 and 5 are withheld information subject to the following exemptions:
Section 30 (1) (a) (b) investigations
Section 40 (2) personal data