Coronavirus- Fines and Arrests (48A/20)
- The total number of fines issued by the force over coronavirus-related offences?
- What is the total amount of money these offenders have been fined?
- How many people have been arrested under the coronavirus legislation?
- How many people have been charged under the coronavirus legislation?
- How many people have been cautioned under the coronavirus legislation?
- If possible, can you also please tell me the nature of some of the offences?
Please be advised that the information that you have requested is not available in a readily retrievable format.
Our data are not organised in centrally retrievable format to allow us to provide this information within the appropriate (cost) limit within the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act Information in relation to FPNs is not held in an electronically retrievable format so each officer would need to be contacted to see whether they had issued an individual with a notice for a fixed penalty.
Individuals would be arrested for the substantive offence rather than failing to comply with the requirements imposed under the coronavirus act. For example Breach of the peace. Therefore each arrested record would need to located and retrieved for this time period and the summary read to see if this contains a mention of the Coronavirus Act.
Therefore the cost of providing you with the information is above the amount to which we are legally required to respond i.e. the cost of locating and retrieving the information exceeds the ‘appropriate level’ as stated in the Freedom of Information (Fees and Appropriate Limit) Regulations 2004.
In accordance with the Freedom of Information Act 2000, this letter acts as a Refusal Notice for this part of the request and if one part of a request exceeds the fees limit then S12 of the Act applies to the whole request
I am unable to suggest any practical way in which your request may be modified in order to satisfy your query or bring it within the 18 hours stipulated by the Regulations.
Further information on section 12 of FOI is available here: