I wish to submit a freedom of information request relating to the following contractual information the organisation may hold with regards to the organisation’s primary contracts relating to support services around help/service desk, desktop support and network support:
1. Help / service desk support:
The single point of contact between a service provider and users within an organisation. A typical service desk manages incidents and service requests, and also handles communication with the users.
2. Desktop support:
The technical services offered by a support organisation to a user(s) experiencing problems with their computers. Support may be on either hardware or software running on the affected computing device. Support may include but is not limited to installations, moves, adds, changes and disposition, and local remote services.
3. Network support:
The technical services offered by a support organisation to a user(s) experiencing problems with their network. Support may be on either hardware or software running on the affected computing device. Support may include but is not limited to installations, moves, adds, changes and disposition, and local remote services.
For each of the contract type above can you please provide me with the following information set out below:
1. Contract Type: Please choose from above the type of contract this is related to.
2. What is the Support for Hardware, Software or other please state?
3. Who is this supplier: If there is more than one supplier please input their contract information in another contract profile.
4. What is the annual average spend this can be over 3 or 5 years?
5. What is the duration of the contract please also include any extension periods?
6. When does the contract expire?
7. When will this contract be reviewed by the organisation?
8. Please can you provide me with specific contact details of the person responsible for reviewing/owner of each contract. I’d like their full name, job title, contact number and direct email address.
If there is more than one contract within the response please can you separate the information into a separate contract profile.
West Midlands Police use Bluelight eTendering which provides suppliers with a secure, cost effective and easy to use eTendering solution for the advertisement of new tender opportunities, and exchange of Quotation and Tender documentation online, ensuring a consistent, open and non discriminatory tender process.
Information relevant to your request above can be found on the following website
In future requesters will be asked to conduct their own research to establish what information is not in the public domain and refine their requests to that information only. Under the provision of the Act an authority must process a request that is in writing from a named applicant under the terms and conditions of the legislation. Whilst giving maximum support to individuals genuinely seeking to exercise the right to know information that is not in the public domain, the Commissioner’s general approach will be sympathetic towards authorities where requests can be characterised as being burdensome or considered to be valueless to the greater community and a waste of authority resources to process.
I should be happy to consider a refined request for information that is not already in the public domain. If you would like to look into refining your request please contact me. Please note that the Freedom of Information Act applies to recorded information therefore the Freedom of Information unit are unable to offer opinion, conjecture or speculation.