The number of ‘computer hacking’ allegations your force has investigated between January 1, 2013, and December 31, 2015. For the purposes of my request please consider ‘computer hacking’ to mean a breach of the Computer Misuse Act.
Please include a breakdown stating:
* the month/year the allegation was received
* a summary of the allegation including the status of the alleged victim(s), for example: private individual, financial institution, communications provider, utility provider (gas, electricity and water); retailer etc and the type of loss/harm suffered – e.g. financial loss, data loss, impact on delivery of services, unknown/undetermined loss/harm etc
* the age(s) of the suspect(s); if they were arrested or interviewed under caution and what the outcome of the investigation was for each of them, i.e. charge, NFA, out of court disposal etc
Clarification to my Freedom of Information request relating to allegations of computer hacking of Jan 3
1. By allegations I mean recorded crimes
2. By computer hacking the crimes I am seeking have the following Home Office codes:
I am writing to inform you that we have searched our records and the information you requested is not held by West Midlands Police. Action Fraud is the national centre responsible for receiving recording and disseminating reports of fraud and cyber-crimes.
Action Fraud website is: