Compensation Payments (11821_16)
My request is as follows:
* Please disclose the amount paid in compensation in the financial years 2014/15 and 2015/16 for personal injuries to officers and civilian staff;
* Please disclose how many individual claims this represented;
* Please disclose in each case whether the claimant was an officer, PCSO or civilian staff member;
* In each case please disclose the amount paid in compensation;
* In each case please disclose the total known cost of legal fees paid and the total overall (for all successful claims);
* In each case please disclose the nature of the claim – for example: slipped on wet floor, dog bite etc.
Please find attached our response.
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.