1. Annual amount recorded for travel expenses for 2012/13, 2013/14 and 2014/15.
2. If the Chief Constable or any other senior employees has or has used a private driver. The employees can be stated.
3. Annual amount recorded for accommodation expenses for 2012/13, 2013/14 and 2014/15.
4. The guidelines used for hotel stays.
5. Information in relation to the Chief Constables expenses.
We can confirm that the relevant information is held by West Midlands Police. However, while the majority of the information is attached to this email I am afraid that I am not required by statute to release all of the information requested. Please find attached a redacted document. This letter serves as a Refusal Notice under Section 17 of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the Act) for the parts of the document that have not been released.
REASONS FOR DECISION
The Freedom of Information Act places two responsibilities on public authorities, the first of which is to confirm what information it holds and secondly to then disclose that information, unless exemptions apply.
In this case, this letter represents a Refusal Notice for the redacted parts of the attached document. The information is exempt by virtue of the following exemptions
Section 31 (1) (a) (b) Law enforcement
These exemptions and explanatory notes are shown here:
In line with the above, I am required to complete a Public Interest Test (PIT) on disclosure. Please find this PIT attached.