Since controlling or coercive behaviour in an intimate or family relationship became a criminal offence under section 76 of the Serious Crime Act 2015, from the 29th December 2015 to date:
- How many people have been arrested under Section 76 of the act?
- Of those arrested under Section 76 of the act, please provide the outcome? E.g. charged, cautioned etc?
- Please could you provide a breakdown of the gender and age of the offenders in each case?
- Please could you provide a breakdown of the gender and age of the victims in each case?
- Since 29th December 2015 to date (10th June 2016) how many successful convictions has the force had under Section 76 of the act?
- Could you also please provide details as to whether the alleged incident took place in an intimate personal relationship or were family members?
Please find attached (6795_attachment_01.pdf). Please note, in order to provide this information our analysts needed to interrogate both our Custody and Crime recording systems (data for questions 1 and 2 has been taken from our custody database and relates to arrests and data for questions 3, 4, 5 and 6 is from our crime recording database and relates to recorded offences).
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.